1.16.2014

february 2014 workshops



I'm excited to announce some workshops I have coming up in February. If you live in the Bay Area (or beyond) I'd love to see you there. Here's the scoop!


Learn to make oversized, realistic roses from gorgeous two-colored crepe paper from Germany. I'm holding this workshop twice, just in time for Valentine's Day, first at Handcraft Studio School in Emeryville, and then at Makeshift Society in San Francisco . Click the links below to register.

PAPER ROSES AT HANDCRAFT STUDIO SCHOOL 
Sunday, February 9th, 2014
11-2:00 p.m.

PAPER ROSES AT MAKESHIFT SOCIETY
Tuesday, February 11th, 2014
6:30-8:30 p.m.

These roses are beautiful, and will surely make great gifts for Valentine's Day (Mother's Day, too)! I have taught this class for Martha Stewart before. It's really fun, and no glue guns required! 

******************************

Also, back by popular demand is my woodland egg ornament class, renamed "Little Paper Acorns" by my pals at Handcraft Studio School. Cute. If you didn't catch the class in the fall, here it is again, but I'm going to bring in even more colors and options for either realistic and/or bright, fun little acorns. I'm thinking we should try them in coral and blue and all sorts of colors! The link to register is below.

LITTLE PAPER ACORNS AT HANDCRAFT STUDIO SCHOOL
Thursday, February 6th, 2014
7-9:00 p.m.


Then, watch this space in March and April, because I am working to develop a four-hour workshop on how to make a LARGE scale floral Easter Bonnet/Kentucky Derby headpiece based on the techniques I use to make my giant peonies and chrysanthemums. It's complicated, but you will be leaving that workshop with both the craziest headpiece you've ever seen AND the skills to make your own giant floral wall hanging. Hard to describe, but more soon! I might also bring back my Paper Flower Headpiece class, but that depends on what kind of time I have before the end of April. If not, for sure I'll run in it during the summer.

I'd love to see you at a workshop. I hope you can make it. Have a great weekend, everyone!

xoxo





2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your huge and beautiful photos - ooh and also the transparent green text box! The classes sound like a lot of fun. I hope you'll have a full house at each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann! The photos are mine, but the graphics on both of these are done by Handcraft Studio School. I wish I knew how to do that, they do look great! I am hoping for full houses, too. Not sure it's a hot time of year for crafting, but they are great classes so we'll see. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...