12.30.2013

showtime: holiday burlesque benefit show, elbo room, december 10, 2013


Super talented performer Red Velvet and me right before my act.

It's Monday and I usually bring you donuts on Mondays, but I thought I'd give you some cheesecake today. I hope you had a wonderful holiday with lots of fun and good cheer! We had a great time, despite passing a killer cold from person to person for the last week. 

These photos are from my performance in early December with Bombshell Betty at Elbo Room here in San Francisco. It's the same act to Vince Guaraldi's Linus and Lucy that I have done in the holiday shows the last two years (here's 2011 and 2012), replete with a sad sparkly Charlie Brown tree and me dressed up as Snoopy at the end. I performed with gusto this night. I was DYING to perform, it had been several months, and I really, really needed a change from my work routine. I have never looked forward to a show as much as this one, just as a way to let it all out and blow off some steam, so it was just wonderful. 

Photo credit: Jeff Lapierre

Out of necessity I made a very skimpy little bottom for my costume (I've outgrown last year's granny panties!) and I let it all hang out. Stretch mark after stretch mark, my belly hanging down over my waistband. I just didn't care. It was awesome. I was the second act in the show and I'm sure there were some surprised people in the audience, but it's SUCH a supportive crowd at Betty's shows, with so much body positivity, that I had nothing to be afraid of. Still so thankful for discovering Betty and her burlesque, three years later!


I have one of these from every single Elbo Room show.

I'm excited to be performing again on January 14th. The theme of that show is "Childhood Memories", and I'll be doing my paper pompom act and a chair dance with two other lovely ladies. If you are interested in tickets, they just went on sale yesterday, and you can find them here. It's going to be so fun.

Have a great Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...