6.25.2012

little gifts, girl friends + a fond farewell




When your friends are packing up their lives and moving across the country (again), the last thing they need is more stuff, even if TWO out of the four of them are celebrating their seventh birthday before they leave. So, two little gifts for my (our) favorite twins in the world.


Seriously, I can't believe this is happening again. A little over ten years ago I learned to be a good girl friend, after years and years of hanging with the boys. It started with my beloved, life changing Gelsomina, then there was my gorgeous and hilarious Patty, then my darling soulmate (and roommate) Jasmina. And then a slew of mommies and dancers and artists who I love very much as well. 


But all of my very closest ones move away. Gelsomina left for Spain, then Japan, then all over the Bay Area. Patty left for three of the four corners of the United States, only to settle in Los Angeles. Jasmina up and moved to Alaska. When my closest friends move, they REALLY move.


And here I am again. My friend Beth is getting out of dodge, back to the east coast. We've only known each other for a year and a half, but she is the kind of friend that means so much to me. The kind that never judges me, that can not talk to me for weeks/months/years but knows I am thinking of her, and the kind that when we meet again it will be like no time has passed at all.


So I bid you adieu, my dear Beth. You are one crazy lady, and I love you for it. Good luck with everything, and I'll be right here whenever you need me. xoxoxoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...