10.19.2011

disneyland costuming



Note: The DAY after I posted this I was cruising around the internet and through a blog of a blog of a blog found a post, written on the EXACT same day as this one, featuring costume inspiration from Disneyland Tokyo. I'm kind of stunned! Check it out:
That is one wild coincidence. I've never even clicked on that blog before. Bizarro world! Tokyo's costumes look fabulous, if a little bit more literal.


I was pleasantly surprised to see more than just the standard Disney characters represented when we stopped to watch the parade on our recent trip to Disneyland. Loose interpretation seems about the farthest thing from what Disney stands for. But as the parade got going, these fantastic representations of sealife and piƱatas came dancing by and I was impressed. There are some good ideas here, ladies. Take note!

I should've known when Stella and I went to the Sing-Along "The Little Mermaid" a few weeks ago that Walt Disney would have a lock on showgirl costuming. There were silhouettes in that movie that would make a Playboy mudflap blush. These parade costumes have a lot of little tricks I'd like to try out in the future.
 This dancer on the right has my number. Where do I find those emerald green character shoes? Need! Green will be my new blue.

What a "small world", I just happen to have friends who can Can Can!
A little flamencita with her guitarrista. Been there, done that!



I'm going to take it easy for the next month or so in regards to manic costume and prop construction, but you can bet some of these images will be hanging out in the back of my head for when I'm ready to go again.












Disneyland
Friday, October 7, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...